Conference Education Program
Who: Various conference roles
When: Varies by area of responsibility
Conference education program overview
MCE has made the organizing experience easier, more effective, and enjoyable by providing learning opportunities for conference organizers of all experience levels, locations, organizational units, or role.
The education offerings allow organizers to conveniently and easily gain understanding of the principles and skills necessary for running an IEEE sponsored conference. Learn what is required, review standards and “best practices,” see all the new tools, and discover what MCE resources are available. You are encouraged to take the time up front to learn the most efficient methods and tools to use when planning and executing your conference. You will end up saving your valuable time by using the most current applications and implementing proven best practices from the start.
Self-paced courses provide organizers with in-depth information and skills on specific conference functions or roles. Narrated by a subject-matter expert, the modules are 45 minutes or less in length, including knowledge checks and a final quiz.
Professional-development hours are offered upon completion.
Courses are available in the following conference topical areas:
- Conference Sponsorship: IEEE Conference Sponsorship Overview?
- IEEE Conference Application and Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) Process – Timeline: Overview of the application process, Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), and timeline
- Conference Finance: Managing Your Conference's Finances
- NetSuite for Conferences – Overview: Learn how to use NetSuite for documenting your conference finance activities
- Conference Audits: Learn about the conference audit process
- Planning a Technical Program: Technical Program Development Overview
- CrossCheck for Conferences - Plagiarism Screening Tool: Learn how to access and utilize this free tool plagiarism detection tool available to IEEE conference organizers
- Conference Publications: IEEE Conference Publications Overview
- Preparing Conference Proceedings: Learn how to prepare conference proceedings for submission to IEEE Xplore?
The courses are accessible at the IEEE Center for Leadership Excellence (CLE). All courses are offered at no cost but require registration via an IEEE Account. Creating an IEEE Account is fast and simple.
IEEE staff cannot access CLE using the IEEE Account that is assigned to them. For CLE access, please create a new IEEE Account, using a personal email address.
Educational webinar series
Monthly one-hour webinars are designed to inform and educate organizers, with topics ranging from basic to advanced skills. Attendees can expect to take away practical and useful information, along with hands-on knowledge and skills. You can also ask questions and receive immediate feedback. Sessions will be recorded and available on a replay basis as well.
Webinars are accessible at CLE. All webinars are offered at no cost but require registration via an IEEE Account.?Creating an IEEE Account?is fast and simple.
IEEE staff cannot access CLE using the IEEE Account that is assigned to them. For CLE access, please?create a new IEEE Account, using a personal email address.
Conference leadership workshops
Workshops enable deeper discussion and exploration of conference principles and topics through presentation, discussion, and exercises. Workshops are customized by MCE to meet the needs, goals, experience level, and time available.
?Leadership Workshops are available in two formats:
- MCE-Trained-Volunteer-Led: Your OU can organize and deliver material provided by MCE. This includes agendas, communication materials, "course" content with speaker notes and scripts, exercises, and feedback surveys.
- MCE-Led: IEEE MCE provides leaders and materials to assist the OU in delivering and guiding the workshop and discussions.
Note: The OU host organization is responsible for the cost of the workshop arrangements and coordinating the communication and registration of participants.
Interested in conducting a Conference Leadership Workshop? Please contact Kevin Hanft, Senior Manager, Conference Organizer Education and Engagement, IEEE MCE (firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 732 562 5598).
View tutorials on the IEEE Conference Application
These step-by-step tutorials were created to walk you through the IEEE Conference Application. The tutorials are available in the following languages: English, Chinese (Mandarin), French, and Spanish.
Learn how to:
Start a new application
- English (20 minutes, 31 seconds)
- Chinese (27 minutes, 55 seconds)
- French (29 minutes, 50 seconds)
- Spanish (29 minutes, 8 seconds)
Complete an application you started
Find the status of a submitted application
Who do you talk to at IEEE?
IEEE is ready to help. If you have questions about starting a new conference or other questions about organizing a conference, contact IEEE Meetings, Conferences & Events (MCE).
- Is there missing or incorrect information?
- Do you have a tip to share?