IEEE Strategic Plan 2020-2025
The IEEE Strategic Plan is a vital part of the ongoing evolution of IEEE. The Plan provides a clear picture of IEEE as an organization, the goals our community is pursuing, and the initiatives that will move IEEE forward in the coming years.
- Trust: being a trusted and unbiased source of technical information, and forums, for technical dialog and collaboration.
- Growth and nurturing: encouraging education as a fundamental activity of engineers, scientists, and technologists at all levels and at all times; ensuring a pipeline of students to preserve the profession.
- Global community building: cultivating active, vibrant, and honest exchange among cross-disciplinary and interdisciplinary global communities of technical professionals.
- Partnership: promoting a culture of respect for the employee and volunteer, valuing contributions at all levels of the organization, investing in training and development to enhance capabilities, empowering individuals to make a positive difference, and building a membership organization based on a strong volunteer-staff partnership to serve the profession.
- Service to humanity: leveraging science, technology, and engineering to benefit human welfare; promoting public awareness and understanding of the engineering profession.
- Integrity in action: fostering a professional climate in which engineers and scientists continue to be respected for their exemplary ethical behavior and volunteerism.
2020 - 2025 goals
- Drive global innovation through broad collaboration and the sharing of knowledge?
- Enhance public understanding of engineering and technology and pursue standards for their practical application?
- Be a trusted source of educational services and resources to support life-long learning?
- Provide opportunities for career and professional development? ?
- Inspire a worldwide audience by building communities that advance technical interests, inform public policy, and expand knowledge for the benefit of humanity
Delivering on this Plan
IEEE will foster a collaborative environment that is open, inclusive, and free of bias and will continue to sustain the strength, reach, and vitality of our organization for future generations.?